I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Second thoughts

Sent the 'box' off to the national boards place this afternoon. Now I'm having second thoughts. I had another week to write and perfect and deliberate and tweak and fine tune the thing but I was done. I was sick of thinking about it. I had read and reread, etc. I really wish it was a talking thing-an interview or something interactive. I think better when I talk and have someone to bounce ideas around with. Anyway, if I don't pass this time, I'll do better next time. It took three tries for the original certification, so I guess I won't be too upset if this time is a repeat. Peggy, my mentor was great help. She is so calm and seems to get right to the point of the questions. I don't know why I have such trouble figuring out what the questions are really asking. I think I skim when I read and don't really contemplate what I'm reading. So many things going on in my head all the time.

Today was act crazy day at school. The kids got to wear blue jeans as a fund raiser. The deal was they paid a dollar to be able to wear jeans instead of the uniform. They must have thought it also entitled them to act crazy, too. Or it could have been weather related. A storm was coming and the sky was strange colors. Several teacher took the day off, so the subs added to the craziness.

Then tonight I had craziness from dad. He got the nurses to let him use the phone and he called me and went off on money. He needs to get his money out of the bank, he says. Don't even want to write down all the crazy stuff he said. Then brother called from Atlanta to ask about him because dad called other brother twice today with same money issue. I'm already sick of this turmoil. Help! I don't know how to deal with this. Can I just get in bed and sleep for a week? Will it be better when I wake up?

On the good side, I'm really getting good at making videos on my laptop. Finished Anne's last night and burned two copies. She picked them up this afternoon. I hope she liked it. She'll probably pass this national boards thing and I'll be redoing mine next year. AYYY! Time to retreat into a book or something to turn off my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment