I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Sunday, July 28, 2024

Yesterday's finish - Posted on the wrong blog -again

Yesterday I finished this lap quilt.
Bonnie Hunter offered the free leader/ender pattern in the summer of 2023.
I dug into my scrap stash especially leftover binding bits.
These blocks were the bigger size offered in the pattern. 


The middle section contains the first blocks I made.
I put the blocks aside to work on other projects.
After a while I started sewing the blocks again and did not re-read the instructions.
The top and bottom sections are the newer blocks.
When I started sewing the blocks together I realized the newer blocks twirled in the opposite direction.


So I named this quilt Oopsie Daisy Whoops.


Some of my favorite fabric bits are in this quilt.
Everything came from my stash including the frankenbatting.
It will be donated to a quilt guild charity.


My paper pieced version of Gotham Quilts' Indiglow pattern is now a top.
The plan is to add some rows to the top and bottom to make it a rectangle.
Then I want to hand quilt it, kind of like sashiko stitching.


I used indigo fabrics I have collected 
plus two fat quarters with traditional Japanese children at play. 
I'm thinking of calling it Playing in Shades of Indigo and Gold.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment