I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Friday, September 2, 2022

Catching up on books from the summer

What with moving to a new house, unpacking, spending time at the gym, playing with grandchildren, and setting up my new sewing room, one might think I haven't been reading a lot.

Wrong!
I just haven't posted about what I'm reading lately.

So here goes in reverse order.


Son-in-law Ben was reading the sequel to the book above when my NYC bunch were visiting in August. Ben recommended reading The Circle and then The Every. I found both at our excellent public library. Both were very captivating in a dystopian kind of way.


There are five Highland Bookshop Mysteries by Molly MacRae.
Read the 5th one first because it was featured as a new book at the library.
All of them were fun reads.


Catriona McPherson is a favorite recent discovery.
She wrote the Dandy Gilver series set in the 1920's.
The Last Ditch series is a present day comedy/mystery similar to Janet Evanovich's
Stephanie Plum Books. Can't wait for a new one.
I read one of her stand alone novels, Quiet Neighbors, that was very enjoyable.

So what am I reading today? 
All the Queen's Men by SJ Bennett recommended by Martin.

I have joined two book clubs at the library.
September Celebrity book club is reading Mika in Real Life.
October Book to Film book club is reading The Gray Man.

When not reading I'm sewing, swimming, doing yoga, and picking up grandkids from school.

What's going on with you?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment