I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Thursday, September 29, 2022

September Reading

September is a birthday month in our family - Ava, Kenton, Doreen, and I have birthdays this month.
Just a note that has nothing to do with the rest of this post. ;-)


Martin discovered this book in our new local public library.
One of the main characters is Queen Elizabeth II. 
There are only two books at this time but I predict the author will go back in time
and have the queen investigate things in the past.


I joined two book clubs that our library hosts.
The Gray Man is the first book that one in-person book club is reading this month.
The Old Silent caught my eye as I cruised the stacks.

The other book club I joined meets by zoom at the same time as my quilt group.
I read the book Mika in Real Life before I realized I wouldn't be able to zoom with them.
It was a good read. Sorry I don't have a cover photo.


I am going to yoga classes at our new fitness center.
I was wondering how long I have been trying to have a yoga practice.
I remembered that the book above was how I started doing yoga.

Below is a photo of the first day page in my copy of Yoga: 28 Day Exercise Plan.
I started on May 31, 1976. I faithfully did the plan and really liked many of the poses.
I remember that I didn't care for the bits of 'philosophy' included in each day's session.

Over the years I have had times when I practiced yoga and times when I tried other exercises like Pilates, walking, and swimming. Lately I am feeling the benefits of yoga classes and yoga on my own. 


In October Martin and I are going to NYC to help with Liam and David while Emily is on a two week
painting retreat in the Mississippi Delta. The boys love their cats and science. When I saw this book I had to buy it for them. It has some great fun activities to do with cats. I learned a lot just skimming it.
This book and homemade molasses cookies are on the packing list for our trip.


Below are two more books I read this month.
The one on the left is the second queen investigates book.
The one on the right was written by a favorite author. 
It is a compelling read, not a typical mystery but there are lots of questions to be answered.


September has been good. We are enjoying new activities in a new town and more time with grandkids.

What are you reading?







 

No comments:

Post a Comment