I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Thursday, December 18, 2025

Around the house

This summer Martin decided to tackle painting all our wrought iron furniture.
The green tape topped tables have been prepped for spray painting. 


All the porch furniture was moved to the deck so the porch ceiling and trim could be painted.


Notice the okra growing on the right.
We have a narrow strip of sunshine on the side of the house.
That's where Martin plants the flowers and vegetables that need lots of light.


These are the old windows.
Some glass was gone.
Some windows would not stay up.


The plants were moved for the new window installation.


The new door is all glass.
So great for viewing birds and critters.


Installation in progress.
Note the drill on the window sill.


New working windows.


Now the plants can stay on the porch in cold weather.
We bought a small portable electric heater to keep the temperature above freezing. 


Now we have a porch we can use all year round.
In the summer we will open the windows and use the over head fan and standing fan 
to keep the air moving.
The porch is on the east side of the house so it is shady in the afternoon.


Two robins are waiting their turn to eat the cherries on the neighbor's tree.


Can you see the cherries?
They are sort of golden not red.
Kenton and I tasted them - not sweet but the birds like them.


Next time - new trim colors on the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment