I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

AMTESOL

AMTESOL was this weekend at Auburn. I was surprised at how long it took to get there. We got there just in time for the first session. Em and I sat at the back. The sweet young thing (a grad student) who began, said something unintelligible then sat down and began reading to us. It was terrible. We just had to leave. After that we tried not to choose any session done by grad students.
The keynote speaker was very good but we were starving and ready to eat. Wish she had been at a different time.
My session was the first time slot Saturday morning. I prepared 50 handouts and the room seemed to have about 50 seats. I started a few minutes early but soon the room was overflowing. People were sitting on the floor and standing around leaning on the walls. They seemed to really agree with everything I said. They were very encouraging, nodding and smiling. I loved it. I got to talk about my favorite thing-getting kids excited about reading. Afterwards I was too pumped up to sit and listen to anyone else talk.
Em and I went to the local art museum. We walked around looking at the collection of Audubon prints and a very strange exhibit of primitive art that seemed to have been done by a lunatic. Then we rode around the campus and walked around town. Em found some bargain necklaces. When we went back to the conference, I won one of the door prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment