I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Trees are blooming again

I think this is where I started about a year ago-writing about the lovely blooming spring trees. I started writing because I really hate writing and need to get better at it. I'm not much better but I don't avoid it like I did before.
Lately I have been absorbed by technology. New desktop computer AND new Nook Color E-reader. I just downloaded 100 classics and an anthology of children's fairy tales. I'm trying to learn how to navigate the interweb on a tiny screen. Most frustrating. But like I tell kids-can't give up just because it's hard to learn new stuff.
Oh, and on to what I'm reading-the best article on teaching reading is in the March Ed Leadership. Very sensible and well-researched. If only we could follow the suggestions Richard Allington wrote about, we could have most kids reading by the end of first grade! What an idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment