I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

What Happened to January?

Here it is February. I didn't write anything in January. It was a busy month and I didn't feel like reflecting or reading anything very serious. I started reading a mystery series I really enjoy. Laura Lippman set her stories in Baltimore. I like her detective Tess.

Taking a week off to work on dad's service, I contemplated retirement. I know I would keep busy with sewing and reading. But I'm not ready.

Martha Kelly decided to retire at the end of this year. It will be hard to find another sweet, soft spoken, hard-working librarian like her. Most people think librarian is an easy job. As much as I love reading, I know I wouldn't like the record keeping side of the job.

Maybe I can work on the baby quilt this weekend. I really want it to look good. I love making the pieced tops but the quilting part is overwhelming. I have finished some quilts and they turned out okay. I just love doing quick little quilts. I've got to stop buying fabric and get some of these projects finished. (Stern talk to myself-let's see if it works.)

No comments:

Post a Comment