I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Finished the year with a quilt finished


Finally finished the second t-shirt quilt. I worked on it off and on for a couple of years, I think. I decided on the sashing, border, and backing fabric and sewed the five rows. Then life, work, and I don't know what came along and I put it on hold. When I got back to it I couldn't remember in what order I was going to put the rows. So that caused 'quilters block', like writers block, I was frozen with indecision.

After finishing several small quilts I was determined to get this quilt done. I promised myself I would not start another small project until the t-shirt quilt was finished.

Yea! It is finished. Now I am going to put the borders on the summer block party quilt and pay someone else to quilt it. A little paralyzed trying to decide where to take it for finishing. Do I see a pattern in my problem with big projects? Hoping for some help or an intervention...


No comments:

Post a Comment