I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

New Mystery-A Dead Man in...

Yesterday I went to the Ridgeland library branch and found two more of the talking cats mysteries and happened upon a newish series. There were three titles by the same author and all began with "A Dead Man in ___". I am reading the first one and it is engaging so far. I look forward to reading the others.

Random thoughts on various topics: we started summer school this past week. We had 24 students including two teacher's kids. Since we are sharing two classrooms, I am pleased with the numbers. I expect three more in the older group and two or three more in the younger group. That's pretty good considering there are no buses provided.

The older group read a graphic novel by Herge', Tintin's The Adventure of the Unicorn. We watched the movie that was based on the series. I think more than one book was used for the movie. The kids liked the series. Next week we start the Alex Rider book. I hope the second graders ( going to third) can keep up. Tried to include a photo from London but it wouldn't upload.



No comments:

Post a Comment