I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Friday, August 22, 2014

For the birds, butterflies, and cats?

We have a few favorite flowers around the yard. The morning glories and cypress vines are growing on the mailbox.





I love these in the planter by the front door. They may not attract butterflies but they are very hardy and need very little attention.


This garden 'room' is outside the kitchen windows. Birds come to the two birdbaths. Butterflies and hummingbirds visit the blooms. We can watch from inside and they don't seem to notice us.




The butterfly bush blooms and blooms.


Don't know the name of these airy flowers but they have bloomed twice this summer.



Jane has to check things out every morning.



When the weather is cold and dreary, I will revisit these photos and enjoy the flowers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment