I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Thinking about change

I am thinking about changing the title of this blog to something more specific to teaching and learning. It will still be about things I read and things I want to share but maybe also be about lessons that worked.

Like today I had a very successful lesson with the kindergartners. We have been reading/singing a book with lots of transportation words like car, bus, van, airplane. You get the idea.

Anyway I made a book for the kids to take home but they had to match the pictures to the correct page. The pictures had one or two words naming the objects. The book had the same words in alphabetical order.

The kids matched the words on the pictures to the same words in the book. And they did great. The first group was really catching on, saying things like, "Here is car." Some kids that I haven't seen really participate were understanding that the words matched.

Wish I had a photo of the finished book.

No comments:

Post a Comment