I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Saturday, January 16, 2016

What I'm reading

Well, I finished all the China Bayles mysteries and found the Darling Dahlias mysteries by the same author. The book jacket describes the genre as 'cozy'. The mystery is not as scary but the plot is still interesting. These stories are set in a small town in south Alabama during the 1930's. It reminds me of stories my mom told about her childhood during the depression.





Most of the book is accurate but there are some parts that don't sound southern to me. Some of the plants (yes, plants are featured in these books) don't grow well in middle Mississippi and I'm doubtful they grow in south Alabama. Otherwise, I'm enjoying the time travel via these books.

What are you reading?

I'm looking forward to a new China Bayles in April. Stephanie Plum has a new adventure but the library's copies are all checked out. I have one more Darling Dahlias to read. Looking for suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment