I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Finished One of Required Books

I finished the narrative God, Dr. Buzzard, and the Bolito Man for my summer workshop. I think I understand a little bit about the way of life of the people on Sapelo Island. I saw many connections to the life of poor Mississippians that I have observed traveling around the state and listening to family and friends. The big difference to me was that the people on Sapelo were from one certain area of Africa and kept some of their ways after they were brought to the island.

The other readings are on my to-do list. I have two plane rides coming up in a week or so that will be perfect for reading the rest of the required list.

Check out my sewing blog for the other activities that are keeping me busy.



No comments:

Post a Comment