I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Is it fall yet?

My many followers may wonder what has happened? Did she fall of the edge?
No, I have been busy adjusting to a new job with slightly different hours.


I now have time in the mornings to enjoy the birds and flowers in the backyard, eat breakfast, and read the paper before I head to work. That's the plus side of working closer to home. The downside is I have students until 3:40 pm and get home in the afternoon later. Also, leaving early on Fridays is not happening. I am enjoying working with older students and being responsible for fewer students.


For my birthday Anna and Steve took us out to Ship Island. It was a beautiful day. I hadn't been out to the island since I was a child. Mr. M. had never been. 


We walked from the sound side over to the gulf side. It was hot walking-not a bit of breeze. Grumps gave Liam a ride on the way back to the boat. They explored the fort while I talked to the park ranger.

Glad we took time from our usual routine to experience this with friends and family.

Thanks, Anna & Steve!

Liam and Ben
looking for dolphins. We saw several.


View from the top of the fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment