I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Grumpy ole me

Why am I so grumpy with some folks? I think I have gotten over all the allure of teaching ELLs. I love to teach them, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't want to teach anything else. But I am so tired of folks who want to fix everything for them. Let's have a special program, let's be sure to have a translator, let's do this and that to impress the parents. Uhgggg! How about treating them like everyone else, not some sideshow. How about asking what they want before assuming what they need? How about asking what is being done before trying to take over or duplicating what is in place?

I must have had too much sugar or too little sleep or listened to someone complaining too long. Give me a break. If you are going to do something, whether I say 'yes' or 'no', then don't ask for my opinion. Just sayin'.

Another thing-people are coming to observe and decide if their money that paid for a workshop was well-spent.

OMG & HMJ

On the plus side-I am thinking about how to teach writing with K-2nd. More later on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment