I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Anansi Boys

Just finished reading Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. Very different from what I usually read for fun. I decided to read it because I had just read Coraline, another book he wrote, with my fifth graders. I didn't know he wrote for such a wide range of audiences. I looked him up on the interweb and found that he wrote graphic novels and all sorts of books. Anansi Boys was a different kind of realistic fantasy comedy kind of book. It would make a good movie but not a cartoon or claymation-something more like that movie with the blue people.
I'm reading some Goosebumps books that I got for free with my Scholastic bonus points. The kids all want to read these books but they are too difficult for them to read. I wanted to see what the big deal was. The books I'm reading are a little series called Horrorland. There are two stories in each book and they are sort of interwoven. The main story is first. Then there is a short, continuing story that includes the main character with characters from the previous books. The combination pulls the reader in. Don't like horror stories but these have hooked me.

No comments:

Post a Comment