I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Busy-ness ahead

I'm sick with a cold and fortunately had the week off for Thanksgiving Break. Finished reading a Miss Julia book. Satisfying as usual.
Joey and Jessie's cafe curtains are finished. There was fabric left over, so we may make pillows or curtain for small window when they are here. The fabric was very easy to work with and ironed well. Can't wait to see how they look in their kitchen/keeping room.
Now I'm going to work on some quilts. I'm going to finish the little farmer quilt and start a new little woodland creatures quilt. I found out the recepient baby's room is mostly green and brown, so changed quilts for that baby. Two cousins are becoming grandparents for the first time, so I want to send little quilts in celebration.
At work we have two expecting babies in the new year. One already has three children, so there won't be a party. The other is a first baby, so I will make a little blanket and give a little book. I have the flannel for a blanket and may be able to finish it this weekend.
Next week is MRA conference. I'm pretty much ready but dreading the craziness at the registration desk on the first day. It will be okay, if I have some good help. I would like to stay free to take care of problems.
Really would be good if the desktop computer here was working. Michael looked at it yesterday and said it was a power problem. Hope Joey can fix it when he is here.
Right after the conference I have agreed to do a professional development for a school district near here. Hope I can do a good job. It is a big job. Something for classroom teachers who have had nothing before. Wide open but needs to be practical and helpful. Very challenging. I'll work on it during slow times at the conference.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww. Quilts. We LOVE ours- the one for Miss Em.
    Sorry you feel rotten -- but hey. Conference time is a comin'. That'll perk you up once you get in your groove (after all the annoying questions you'll get the first day). Ha. Be glad I'm not going. I'd be the ONE asking all the questions.
    Hugs,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete