I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Reading for TESOL and listening to reading


Read eighteen TESOL proposals yesterday. Some were terrible, some were okay, and about 5 were things I hope will be offered next year at TESOL in Philadelphia. I'm glad that the reading went so fast. I have so many things due at the same time. Of course. How else could it be?
We are listening to the Tale of Despereaux in summer school. The reader has a lovely voice and reads the different characters with different voices. Melanie is a girl after my heart. She wants to go home and read the rest of the book. She can't wait to know what happens next. One thing about getting older, I now appreciate reading and savoring how good it is. If I read a book too quickly, some of the enjoyment is lost. That's a good point to discuss with the kids on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment