I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

September is here!

September is the start of my year because it's my birth month. And school starts, or did when I was a kid, in September. Look for spider lilies to bloom soon. They are my favorite fall flowers. Redbuds mean spring to me and spider lilies are fall. I love flowers and plants and was quite a little gardener as a child. Now I just enjoy as a member of the audience.

This has been a very odd beginning of school. I was sick a couple of days the first week of school. Then we had two days off because of hurricane Isaac. Now a long holiday weekend. Have I gotten anything productive done? No. Do I have stuff I should be doing? Yes. But instead I have been reading a new mystery by Kerry Greenwood. The public library has only three books by this author and I have checked all of them out. Really like this Australian author and wish more of her books were available at the library. I may have to breakdown and buy some for my nook.

Of course I need to write an article for the EEIS Newsletter. We are very short of articles for this edition and as editor I should have something to fill the space. I have an idea rolling around in my head, just getting it in a readable form is the problem. Next week is going to be very busy. Maybe that will motivate me to write something tomorrow. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment