I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Two weeks well spent

Going back to work in the morning and I just have to reflect on these two weeks off.

First, time spent with family was enjoyable. Friday (Dec. 20) Liam spent the night and wore Gran and Grumps out! Martin and I went to the candlelight Christmas Eve service at church. Sang lots of favorite carols-remembering Christmas Eve in London. Then we had everyone for lunch on Christmas after eating breakfast with Ben and Emily and watching Liam open presents. More presents at lunch and fun with a remote control helicopter that Martin bought for the 'older' kids. Took some goodies to mom with Joey and Jessie. Martin hadn't thought to take off the day after Christmas, so had to go to work. The 3 J's went to see the second Hunger Games movie. Dinner at Biaggi's then Joey and Jessie drove home.

New Year's Eve I spent with Emily and that was fun. We shopped, ate lunch with Ben, went grocery shopping, had some quiet reading time, then picked up Liam and visited with mom. No fireworks but comfortable conversation and time together. Just right!

I had two quilt projects that I wanted to get done so I spent lots of time sewing. Tonight I finished lap quilt # 3. Just a few minor details to do before they are completely done-labels and a little hand-sewing. Oh and almost forgot-made a little corduroy jacket and fleece blanket for Liam. Didn't get a photo but was happy with the finishes.

The sewing didn't take all my time. I read three novels and started two more. I'll write more later about the books. Got to go to choir practice. Back to the routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment