I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Seed Planting

It is so very cold. Not even near seed planting time. This is another memory post after visiting with mom. I brought mom a plastic tub of children's books because it has been so cold she hasn't been able to go to the library to check out books and she has read everything in her house more than once.

For some reason this made her remember about when her family moved from Brookhaven to Jackson. Their first weekend was spent in the boarding house of a Mrs. Jones. I think it was somewhere near Poindexter Park. The landlady took mom and maybe her sisters to the public library to get library cards on that first Saturday in Jackson. Then on Sunday she took them to church at Calvary Baptist Church. That is how mom became a member of Calvary.

Years later mom was a Sunday School teacher at the same church. She visited families who had children who rarely came to church. Mom encouraged parents to bring their children to church. The little girls in one family she visited started coming to church regularly and grew up at Calvary. The girls each had two children that I taught in choir and Sunday School.

Now one grandson of the original family is grown, married, and going through chemo for cancer. He writes a blog that I just started following. Praying for him and his family.

Thinking about the seed that Mrs. Jones planted in 14 year old Helen and the sweet Christian that Bryce has grown to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment