I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

More Mom Memories

Yesterday I tried to get mom to tell me about a trip her parents took when she was six or seven years old. I asked her about the doll they brought back to her from that trip.

She remembered what she was doing when they came home from the trip. She was playing outside on their seesaw. A sister was sitting one end and mom was walking up the board to the other end.

Their parents came up in the car and her sister got up to run to their parents. Mom fell on a nail that was sticking out of the seesaw handle. They had to pull her off the nail. After she told me about this accident, she remembered two more times that she hurt her knee.

Mom was not sickly as child but she was not as active as her siblings. She had some foot issues and had to wear corrective shoes for a long time. It is interesting to me that she is has lived longer than her sisters and brothers even though she was less healthy as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment