I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Monday, June 8, 2015

What Am I Reading This Summer?

I have gotten hooked  on the China Bayles Mysteries by Susan Wittig Albert. This started a month or so ago when I read a Victorian Mystery written by Albert and her husband. They collaborate on mysteries set in the late 1890s. I read two paperbacks and looked around for more.

I went to Susan's website and printed a list of her China Bayles' mysteries. Then I looked in the online catalog and found that all of her books were in the various branches of my local library. Now I am methodically reading them in order.

These mysteries are set in Texas near Austin. The main character has an herb/tea shop. The chapters give information about the uses of different herbs. Some books have recipes, too. Since I have visited Austin it is easy to visualize the setting and hear the accent of the characters.

So reading these books is like a mental vacation to the Texas hill country. Looking forward to reading the whole series over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment