I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I recommend these books

Well, back to my original purpose for this blog...
I am recommending two books for my many readers.

Tuesdays with Morrie came my way because two of my high school students are reading it in English. They had to have a copy of the book and asked me to buy it. They work after school and weren't sure when they would be able to get to a bookstore. I bought it on a Friday and couldn't get it to them until Monday... so.... I read it on Saturday. It is a great book for thinking about life. Not sure 10th graders are going to be that wild about it but if you haven't read it, you should.


The other book was a Christmas present. I had it on the list to read but had not gotten around to buying it or getting it from the library. The thing I like about Dispatches from Pluto is the writer's perspective on my home state, especially the Delta. We lived in the Delta for a short time in the 70's.
It is a different kind of place. Not at all like the Mississippi of my childhood and youth. Mr. M. wasn't as fond as I was of this book. Maybe you have to be from Mississippi to connect with it.


Now a few photos of flowers to finish up this post.


Weird February weather today but these flowers brightened my day.


Read a good book?


No comments:

Post a Comment