I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Boston TESOL


This week has been a blur. We got in on Wednesday after a delay in Washington and a plane change. Can you tell how tired I was when the kids' art work went up? What crazy person puts half up in orderly rows and the other half in a zigzag mess. I thought I would fall down stapling the top row, I was so tired. Teachers are mostly good folks. They wrote comments to the kids. I think the kids will feel very special when they read the notes. On the other hand, some klepto took one of the note pads I put out for people to write notes on. What's wrong with you people? My friend Sarah saw a teacher grab stacks of books and cram them into her bag when there were other teachers waiting to take free samples, too.
I wish I could have seen more of Boston. We took a trolley tour but didn't have time to get off and walk to each historic site. Plus, it was extremely cold and windy. Maybe we can come back in the summer. Lots of history here. And museums. You know how I love museums. I'm going to sleep on the plane home. That's the only way I'll be ready for school Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment