I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Take me away


Don't know what exactly ticked me off but people were really getting on my nerves today. I think I need to get more sleep or something.
This month's Reading Teacher has a couple of really good articles-sharing quality. I liked the one about first grade teachers encouraging students to talk about the books they read with a set of prompts on a spinner. Couldn't help it. I made copies and gave to other teacher in our meeting yesterday.
Circling back to being ticked off. My grumpy mood started yesterday in the meeting when I was interupted twice. Once to take a phone call that could have waited and another time by a perfectly nice 'clueless' person who wanted some English worksheets to take on a mission trip. Worksheets? For what age learner? On what content? Not a clue.
In the evening I got a call from a sweet mom wanting to know where her kids were. At five o'clock. School was out at 2:15. I put them on the wrong bus. I feel very bad about that. But the back story is this mom calls almost every day with a different after school plan for her kids. It would be easier if I just let them stay after school with me.
And continuing on the Janice screwed up list-just realized I had someone else's missing purchase order items. We both ordered from National Geographic. When the orders came in, I was called to pick the boxes up. I assumed it was all mine and took it to school, wrote my name all over everything in permanent marker. Now she is wondering what happened to her order and asked me, as lead teacher, to look into it. Oops! Mea Culpa.
I really need a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment