I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Busy Saturday

Just thinking about yesterday and remembering other YM festivals through the past 20 years. This year I took six girls to MC for festival. They had learned the songs-mostly by listening to the CD, not by my teaching them the songs. They sat together close to the guest director. I sat in the back and read my book keeping an eye out for any problems. There were no problems. We went to eat at the college cafeteria. Only problem was one spilled drink which the girls took care of. What a difference from some years ago when we would take a picnic lunch-I brought most of the food-and the kids hardly ate anything. They ran off to play on the football field. One even tore his brand new choir t-shirt climbing a chain link fence. I'm thankful for having quiet young ladies this year. I'm getting too old to chase around and pick up after a bunch of energetic kids.

Met up with my niece at the college cafeteria on our lunch break yesterday. It was good to get to spend some time with her and talk about what was going on in her life. We usually only see each other at family gatherings where there are many loud talkers. She usually stays out of the lime light reading or playing a video game. She is 19. Where did those years go?

Saturday afternoon after the festival concert we went to a movie. It was a kid's movie, based on a book. I enjoyed going and again the girls were so good. We had the theater to ourselves except for 3-4 people sitting way at the back. Parents came to pick up the girls and then I was off to shop. Two wedding gifts and groceries. Had help with the groceries. We did fine until checkout. Then had to do our Sonny and Cher act for the checker and bagger. Bagger said we made her day. She must have very boring days.

I finished the Quilter's Apprentice from the Elm Creek Quilts series. I really enjoy reading the books but they make me wish for endless days of quilting. So I have signed up for a quilt class on May 3. National boards will be mailed and forgotten by then. Yes, I'm getting near the end. Just a few more edits and copying, then it's off.

No comments:

Post a Comment