I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Just my luck

It's just my luck that last Saturday when I was trying to help a friend make her video for National Boards, I got a mini DVD stuck in my laptop. Who knew it wouldn't play mini DVDs? So I calmly call Apple support and get a very nice voice who tells me he doesn't know what to do, do I want an appointment at the store? Huh? Of course. So my friend is filled with guilt and I'm so unconcerned. I wanted to get on with the video but otherwise, it's going to be okay. I take myself and my lovely laptop to the store. The helpful guy comes and asks what's the problem? Mini DVD stuck. Let me see what I can do. He goes into the back room and is back in less than 30 seconds. The DVD is out. Laptop is fine. No charge. So, I ask, what did you have to do? Just tapped it on the counter, he says. Oh, my. Feeling dumb now. Packing up and going home. Just my luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment