I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Wishing for a time machine


If I had a time machine I probably wouldn't go to the UGG shop on the road to the Blue Mountains in Australia but it seems like long ago and far away to me today. So much going on. My 92 year old Dad is going to respite care tomorrow. He's looking forward to it-has his bags packed. He wasn't sure what I was doing when I asked him questions today about his health. He asked if I was taking over for his home health team. And what about Mom? Now that she will be home alone, how will she fare? Her heart is slowly failing but she doesn't want to leave her home. I'm terrible at this.
On the work front, the testing is driving everyone up the wall. Some of the worse teaching I've seen in years. I wish someone would stop the madness. Just let us teach the kids readin', writin', and 'rithmatic and how to get along with each other. It seems like their home lives are falling apart and their school days are chopped into pieces by the mania about test scores. On top of that, we don't know who will have a job and who will have to find something else to do.
So put me in a time machine. Let me enjoy the ride into the Blue Mountains. I'll even buy some Ugg boots this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment