I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

About to get busier


Yes, it is summer. School is out and we finally got our contracts for next year. Because of budget problems we will work four fewer days next year. Not a bad thing, if you ask me. So, why the title of this post? School is out but summer school started Friday with no prep days. There are field trips to arrange, lessons to prepare, and lost kids to find. Of course, one kindergartner was lost the first day. The bus driver left him at his cousin's house, down the street from his house. His father called me. I called the bus dispatcher, then called the father back. His mom went to look and found him down the street. Yea!
Next problem-will the blackberries be ready by Wednesday? If not, should we switch the movie with the farm or just forget about picking berries? I can't decide. The kids will really enjoy being outside and eating the berries but switching the trips will make my life more complicated.
Ballet competition begins next Saturday. That will make next week busy with afternoon and evening sessions for four days. Cousin will be in town for those days and I will still have to get things together for summer school. Throw in visiting parents at two different locations and it will be a busy week.
Once again my room at school is not really packed up so I need to go there after summer school until it is in better shape. The kids also asked for more games and art materials. Then there are two quilts that need to be finished. Reservations for our trip to Prince Edward Island need to be made. The EEIS newsletter needs to be edited and the officer form for JARC needs to be filled out and sent in. It is only two months late!
Summer should be a time to sit back and relax. What am I doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment