I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last Day of Summer School


Yes! Today was the last day of summer school. We had scheduled a field trip to the bookstore to pick out our free books. Brittany mentioned that there was a play area with water spouts at the shopping center, so I told the kids to wear shorts and flip flops, thinking they would just get a little wet. Well, I was WRONG! They got a lot wet. But they had a great time. They liked it as much as going to a pool. One problem-they were so soaking wet, that they were cold the rest of the day. One little first grader came prepared with dry clothes to change into when we got back to school. Next time I will tell them to bring a change of clothes if they want to play in the water.
The bookstore is so nice to give us free books and little snack cups of strawberry smoothie. A few of the kids brought money to buy books. A little kindergartner brought two dollars to buy a book and there were no books for two dollars. She looked so sad after being told every book was more than she had, that I told her I would give her the extra money. She got a girly sticker story book. Happy day! The kids who had perfect attendance got an additional free book thanks to their sweet, book loving teacher (and a reward credit card and teacher discount card).
Now summer can begin. I can sleep late. Go to the pool in the quiet of the early morning. And read, read, read.

No comments:

Post a Comment