I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Getto mom at the ballet

Okay, the ballet was going as usual. Dancer performs, then there is a minute or so wait for the judges to mark the points. Next dancer is announced and so on. I think I have already commented that some parents were bringing toddlers to the competition. Well, Evelyn Hart, one of the hosts, was filling up the wait time talking about how hard the dancers' coaches work and how we should give them a round of applause, when getto mom shouted, "He's just a baby, alright!" Then, "I'm not leaving. I bought a ticket," and some other stuff I couldn't quite understand. Then security came out from backstage. All was quiet but how embarrassing. If I had been the next dancer, I would have wondered if another outburst was coming in the middle of my dance. There should be an age limit for those in the audience. Get a babysitter, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment