I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fluff from the Past

I am reading on my NookColor a collection of short stories and books by P.G. Wodehouse. (It's pronounced Woodhouse.) I first met this writer in a series on Masterpiece Theater about Jeeves and Wooster. I found some of his books at the public library but now with my ereader, I have access to lots of out-of-print titles. He specialized in writing about the idle rich of his day. Some are set in England and some in America. The ones set in the US focus on life in New York. The main character usually hasn't got a clue and stumbles around with his mates partying into the night. Their life seems so tame compared to the drama we watch these days on television. But the emotions and plots are surprisingly timeless. The stories are funny and a pure escape back to a slower pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment