I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

No More Candy for Me

After watching videos of my presentation at AMTESOL and lessons with second graders I have decided I have to cut out the sweets. Or get Trini and her cohost on the BBC version of 'What not to wear' to help with my wardrobe. Good grief! I hate the way I look. I look much better in my mind. There is a cute 25 year old in this 58 year old body.

Today I have to get busy on three things on my to-do list. Since no one is following this blog, it feels like a diary that I am writing to myself. Today is Valentine's Day. Cousin's doctor husband died 13 years ago on this date. What a day to lose your love. He left her well-off financially but she still misses him. So hard to imagine walking in someone else's shoes. Even though we are only seventeen days apart in age, we have had such different experiences. Since I don't have a sister, she is the most sisterly of my cousins. Wish I could transport myself to give her a hug today.

No comments:

Post a Comment