I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Gone

We had snow yesterday and it's gone today. That's the best thing about snow in Mississippi. It doesn't last very long. Can you tell I'm not a cold weather girl? I finished a really good mystery, Hush My Mouth by Cathy Pickens. I read her first book a few weeks ago. Set in a small town in South Carolina that reminds me of small towns in Georgia and Mississippi that I know.
I should be working on National Board writing. It took several hours for me to figure out how to download video to my Macbook. Now I'm afraid I won't be able to edit it correctly or burn a dvd. The old faithful PC seems to have died and even tho I love my mac, I liked having the security of the backup PC.
Must go. Other commitments are calling.
Oh, Happy Lunar New Year's Eve to all my students who celebrate with red envelopes of money. Hope you receive many red envelopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment