I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Day

Well, we got a snow day here in the deep south. We didn't leave school early yesterday and I kept hoping the snow would miss us. We missed a week in January because of broken water pipes and now we will have another day to make up. But the snow in our neighborhood is beautiful. All the kids and some parents are out making snowmen. Some 'who dat!' snowmen are being created, too.

I finished The Cooking School Murders yesterday after school. (Had such good lessons planned that I just had to pick up the kids, even if the schedule was wacky.) The author totally fooled me by putting in so many red herring I had no idea who the murderer was.

The power was off for about an hour and we went for a walk in the snow to see all the snowmen. Now I've got to get to work on National Boards, bank deposits, and other mundane stuff. Most pressing-fixing the TV so someone can watch 'The Price Is Right'.

No comments:

Post a Comment