I've just got to share the good stuff I read.

I love to read. I read every chance I get. If I read something really good, I want to share it with my friends and co-workers. I make copies of magazine articles, read aloud to my students, tell others about good books I'm reading, and keep a book with me at all times.

I love teaching and learning new things. I need a place to share some of the lessons and what my students and I learn. Since my teaching situation is different from everyone else's in my school, I would like to tell all of you in the blog-o-sphere about these great lessons.

Feel free to share what you are reading, teaching and learning with us in the comments.

Monday, February 15, 2010

What's your currency?

Just read an interesting article about teacher versus student currency. Basically, what does the teacher value and what do the students value? It made me think about the 5th graders I'm seeing as I go into the classroom to co-teach. The article didn't give enough specifics about how to figure out what the students value. I guess the author wants readers to buy her book. But the article did make me think. These 5th graders seem to value friends more than grades or 'good behavior'. They love to talk, if we can just figure out a way to use that to help them learn.
Oh, well.
Waiting for the bus bell to ring. Since we had a snow day Friday, the kids are having Valentines parties today. Lots of sugar! Thank goodness I don't have a homeroom to 'party' with.

No comments:

Post a Comment